Real Techniques Bold Metals First Impressions (Arched Powder and Flat Contour Brush)

12:14

When I first saw the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes, it was love at first sight. No, really, I'm serious.
And then I saw the price tag..... Upto Rs. 2500 for a SINGLE BRUSH?!?!?!? No way that I was going to buy them. I mean, for that price you can easily get a Core Collection Set from their basic brush collection. But, I already had the Core Collection set. And the Travel Essential Set. And the Duo Fibre Set.
Hence, my wait began. I waited for the brushes to become available in India, while I spent an obscene amount of time reading reviews about these shiny, sexy brushes. About a week ago, I saw that these brushes were available at Flipkart. At 25% off!!! Added to cart immediately.
And when my parcel arrived, I could hardly contain my excitement.
I ordered the Arched Powder Brush and the Flat Contour Brush. I will be posting full reviews of each brush very soon. But for now, here are my first impressions:
These brushes are BEAUTIFUL! Pristine white bristles (which are super soft) and the metallic (gold/rose gold) handles easily make these brushes the most beautiful makeup brushes I've ever owned.
Although I will admit, these bristles aren't any softer than the basic Real Techniques Brushes. I was expecting them to be as soft as my ZOEVA brushes. Sadly, I am a tad disappointed there.
The handles of these brushes are weighted and feel solid in my hand. But, the metallic finish of the handles makes them a MAGNET for fingerprints. The handles taper towards the bottom and they aren't rounded (which means no rolling off the edge of your dressing table!).
For now, I'm testing out these brushes and will be writing up full posts for each brush soon. I need to see if these brushes work any better than my trusty basic Real Techniques brushes. Or have I just spent my money on some really, really, really pretty brushes. Time will tell. Watch this space!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this collection, however the Arched Powder is just too big for me personally! I love the contour one though, and actually use it for myblusher currently, and it is perfect for that! I love the colours, and I have put them in a glass jar on my dresser, so that stops the rolling! Super expensive though for sure, I don't think they are worth the price! I love my cheaper RT brushes more :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images