Ponds Cold Cream Review (Best Budget Hot Cloth Cleanser)

09:15

If you are looking for an affordable first cleanse/makeup remover, Ponds Cold Cream is a great option. I have been using it for years now. The cream is thick and white in color, with a strong scent of roses. I take a dollop of the cream and apply it directly to dry skin.
Since it is an oil based cream, it breaks down my everyday sunscreen and makeup (if I am wearing any) completely. I use a warm washcloth/cotton wool to remove the cream. This method ensures that the cream is removed entirely, leaving my skin clean. After this, I rinse my face with lukewarm water and follow it with a foam cleanser (second cleanser). I don't use this cream to remove eye makeup.  Celebrities like Karlie Kloss and Kylie Minogue have been said to use Ponds Cold Cream to remove makeup.
It is an effective and simple way to give your skin a first cleanse and it removes makeup without tugging or pulling at the skin. In India, Ponds Cold Cream is marketed as a moisturizer. While it CAN be used as a moisturizer, I use it as a cleanser. It works well for my skin.
As for the mineral oil content in the cream, I want to say that I personally haven't faced any breakouts caused by this cream when I use it as a cleanser. I haven't used as a moisturizer, therefore I cannot verify if it causes breakouts if left on skin for a long time.
If you are looking for an affordable and easily available makeup remover that is effective when it comes to removing makeup, Ponds Cold Cream is a must try. It is a classic!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images