The Konjac Sponge Company French Pink Clay Sponge Review

12:30

I had heard a lot of hype about the famous Konjac sponges and I knew that I had to try one. You know, for science. That's when I came across The Konjac Sponge Company at Luxola.
I immediately ordered the French Pink Clay version.
For those of you who have no idea what a Konjac sponge is, it is essentially an exfoliant. They're very popular in Japan. A Konjac sponge is made from the root of the Konjac plant (yes, it is biodegradable).
My sponge arrived packed in a plastic packet. Now, when you open the pack, you'll find that the Konjac sponge is hard. It is supposed to be like that. Before the first use, you need to soak your sponge in hot water for about an hour. After that, you'll find that is has turned soft and squishy. It swells up to double its size.
Take the sponge out of the water and squeeze the water out of it. Now you're ready to use it! You can either use it with your favorite cleanser or alone. I've tried it both ways (with Sebamed Clear Face Foam and without any cleanser) and I've found that it gives my sensitive skin a very gentle exfoliation. Its not harsh at all! Also, I did not experience any post scrubbing irritation! My moisturizer absorbed very quickly after exfoliation with this sponge.
I use this sponge twice a week and honestly, if I had to use only one method of physical exfoliation, it would be this.
This sponge has a string attached to it, so that you can hang it up for drying after use. I love the simplicity of this sponge. Just soak in warm water and go! I don't know how much of a difference the French Pink Clay infused in the sponge has made to my skin, but the sponge itself is brilliant!
This is a must try for all skincare junkies!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images