Battle of the Powders: Rimmel Stay Matte vs Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

01:12

Hey again, my lovelies!
Today, I'm going to talk to you about two of my favorite pressed powders : Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder and Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation.

Since I have oily skin, pressed powder is essential for me when it comes to setting my makeup. It keeps me from looking shiny. So without further ado let me tell you what I think about the two powders:

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder: It is a brilliant product that is quite inexpensive. I tend to buy backups of this powder since it gets sold out so quickly online! I use the shade Sandstorm. Its quite a sheer powder so it doesn't give much coverage. You can keep layering it and it won't look cakey at all. Blends flawlessly. Even makes my pores appear smaller! You may notice some shimmer particles when you look at the powder up close, but when applied to the skin, the shimmer is not at all noticeable. A total winner in my opinion! You must try this out.
Rating: 4.5/5

Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: This is one of the very first Mac products I ever used! I had heard a lot about this one before. The powder is very finely milled and it gives quite a good coverage. But do not apply this with a heavy hand as it will end up looking cakey. Trust me, doesn't look pretty. I use the shade NC 40 and its an almost perfect match for my skin. I used the word "almost" because sometimes it tends to look darker on my skin. Maybe I'll have to try a lighter shade next time! The quantity of product that you get is excellent. This product will last you long time as a little goes a long way with this powder. I tried to apply the powder with the sponge that comes with the compact. Even though the sponge is of a very good quality, I tend to avoid using it because I end up applying too much. Instead, I use a big powder brush for buffing and blending the powder into my skin for a flawless finish. I keep this powder on hand for the days when I will need some extra coverage. All in all, I think it is a very good product, but I'm unsure if I'll be repurchasing it.
Rating: 4/5

Verdict: Even though I love MAC Studio Fix Powder, I think Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is "the one" for me!

Do let me know what you think about these powders!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images