My Skincare Routine + My Acne Story

01:12

Hey everyone! I am finally back with a post about my skincare routine. Before I start talking about the products, let me tell you my skin story.

I have been suffering from acne since I turned 14. It was so bad back then. Every inch of my face was covered with tiny, painful pimples. It was really tough for me because I was one of the two girls in my entire class batch who had acne. It really took a toll on my self esteem. It was my aunt who decided to help me out. She used to send me the Acne Free 3 Step kits from the USA every few months. The Acne Free system is very similar to Proactiv and used Benzoyl Peroxide as its active ingredient. I used Acne Free religiously and my acne reduced considerably. By the time I hit my late teens, I had weaned off the Acne Free system. I was on the lookout for a more easily available solution. My acne had settled down quite a bit by then. After countless trials and errors, I built my new skincare routine.
I keep adding new products now and then but the core products have remained the same. And this new routine has worked quite well for me so far *touch wood*
I only suffer from hormonal breakouts along my jawline and cheeks during "that time of the month." Otherwise, my skin is pretty calm. My skincare routine does not focus on acne treatment only. Moisture, hydration and sun protection are included too. Here it is:

Morning:
I cleanse with the Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion. A spritz of Avene Eau Thermale and moisturizing with Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel follow. After that, I apply some Lotus Herbals 3 in 1 Matte Sunblock (SPF 40)
A dusting of loose powder over it and I'm good to go!
Evening:
I remove my sunscreen and the day's grime and dust with Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion. I apply the lotion to my skin and massage it well before removing it all with a cotton pad. Then I rinse my face with lukewarm water and follow up with the Sebamed Clear Face Foaming Cleanser. I massage the foam into my skin and let it stay on for a few minutes before rinsing it off. After letting my skin dry (no towel), I spray Avene Eau Thermale onto my skin. After waiting for about 10 minutes, I apply a pea sized amount of Retin A onto my skin, concentrating on the areas where I tend to break out. Then I finish off with Cetaphil Daily Advanced Ultra Hydrating Lotion.

That's it! I use Retin A on alternate nights, but otherwise the routine is pretty much the same. These are my tried and tested products and I will stick to them. But there's always room for improvement, eh?
Do you think there are any products out there that I should try out? Do let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images