A Word About Makeup Removal

14:01

You know what's the worst part about putting makeup on? Its taking it off... At the end of a long party, when you're so exhausted that you can barely keep your eyes open, the last thing you want to do is to go through your skincare routine. But sleeping with a full face of makeup is the WORST thing you can do to your skin. Your foundation and powders clog your pores and the mascara flakes into your eyes. Result? Red, irritated eyes and a massive breakout.
Depending upon how tired I am, I alter my makeup removal routine.
If I am really tired, then I'll take two cotton pads soaked with Bioderma Sensibio and swipe the makeup off my skin. Bioderma is really gentle and effective when it comes to removing base makeup. Plus it does not leave an oily/slimy residue. It doesn't help much when it comes to removing waterproof mascara.
And that's where Neutrogena's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover comes in. I saturate a cotton pad with this solution and place it over my closed eyes. A few seconds later, I remove the pads and my eyes are free of mascara and eyeliner! It is very gentle and does not sting the eyes at all!

When I am not on the verge of collapse, I remove my eye makeup with Neutrogena and then give my skin a deep cleanse with Ponds Cold Cream. Yep, I massage a dollop of this cream into my skin and then use a warm muslin cloth or a cotton pad soaked in warm water to remove it. It cleanses my skin like nothing else, leaving it balanced, fresh and moisturized. I rinse off any remaining cream with tepid water, followed by a few splashes of cold water. A spritz of Avene's Eau Thermale and I'm ready to hit the pillow!
What is your makeup removal method? Do you use a cleansing balm, oil, milk or micellar water? Or a combination of them all?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Doesn't the pond's cold cream leave like a oily residue on your skin? I despise the smell of that cold cream for some reason lol. I am really curious though, doesn't it clog your pores? I usually use a cleansing oil and Bioderma to remove eye makeup. Somehow, it doesn't seem like a chore to me now and I do it RELIGIOUSLY, however tired I might be. As much as I love makeup, the process of removing it is the best feeling ever. Oh I have also been using a spritz of the Avène's Thermal spa water before going to bed.

    Love,
    Debasree // All She Needs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Debasree!
    Actually, I massage a dollop of the cold cream into my dry skin and then remove it with a warm washcloth or cotton pad. And then i rinse my skin with warm water for good measure. It is quite similar to how people use cleansing balms. And it doesn't leave a residue on my skin. In fact my skin is squeaky clean and moisturized as well! My skin never feels tight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neutrogena did not work for me at all It leaves an oily film behind which i do not like at all. But will definately give cold cream a try.
    Www.theitgirl.in

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images