Lotus Herbals UV Matte Screen Gel SPF 50 PA+++ Review

12:30

Sunscreen. Its the best thing you can do for your skin. Apply sunscreen everyday and prevent sun damage, which will minimize your age related skin problems (sun spots, wrinkles) in the future. We all know this. Yet most of us don't use sunscreen. Why? Its because the formulas that are available in the market currently have the same issues: they leave a white cast, they smell, they make your skin greasy, they break you out.
I just want to take this opportunity to give a shout out to Lotus Herbals. THANK YOU for making sunscreen more usable for us Indians. Really. Their 3 in 1 Matte Look Sunblock is a cult product, here in India.
Following closely on the heels of its older sister is the Lotus UV Screen Matte Gel SPF 50 PA +++
Meant for oily/normal skin, this sunscreen has a light, gel texture. Its almost like a makeup primer. This is a chemical based sunscreen (so no white cast) and it dries to a lovely, matte finish. It is a white, translucent gel that spreads easily onto the skin. Applying this sunscreen on my face during summer is such a great feeling, because the gel really soothes and cools my skin. I apply 1/2 teaspoon of this sunscreen all over my face (and neck) and allow it to dry. If you have dry skin, you may need to use a moisturizer underneath. If you are allergic to silicones, this sunscreen may break you out. I personally have never had a breakout with this sunscreen. Frequent reapplications are necessary (after every 2 hours of sun exposure). There is only one con to this product: You cannot wear makeup over this. It balls up/forms pills. I think it is due to the silicone. But I'm willing to overlook this little niggle as long as my skin is protected from the sun!
Overall, this is my favorite summertime sunscreen and I always have a tube of this stuff on hand. It does a great job at preventing my skin from getting tanned and it is affordable too! If you are a person who wants to wear sunscreen, but hates the current formulas available, give Lotus Herbals a try. You will surely find something that suits your skin type!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images