Five Questions With The Whimsy Bookworm!

21:26

I'm back with another Five Questions, guys! This time I'm interviewing one of my favorite bloggers, Whimsy Bookworm (aka Pooja)! Her blog (www.thewhimsybookworm.blogspot.in) is such a fun place to be! Its one of the best Indian book blogs I've come across.  Through her book reviews, I've discovered so many amazing authors. Her addiction to reading is definitely contagious. Her blog's Friday Favorites section is a personal favorite of mine! Also, be sure to check out her Instagram (@whimsybookworm). Her feed is so vibrant and colorful, where she shares everything from her book hauls to outfit details! Be sure to check out her blog, you'll be hooked!
Read on to know what she has to say about skincare and beauty!

1) What is your everyday skincare routine?
(Please mention the names of the products)

It starts in the morning with simply washing away the night with my Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash. I have oily skin and this works wonders for me. Cleans my skin thoroughly but doesn't over dry it. Plus it comes with a easy-to-use pump which is godsend first thing in the morning. 

The rest of my skincare happens in the shower and after it. 

In the shower I use my Forest Essentials Facial Ubtan in Roop Nikhar Gulab mixed with a little Rose Water. I use this to wash my face and neck and even scrub my body sometimes. I love it. It's mild enough to use everyday and my skin has been loving it since I started using it in March. On days I don't use it (when I am in a hurry and don't have time to mix it) I like to exfoliate with a mild scrub..currently I am using an Apricot Scrub from Lotus Herbals which is quite nice.

Once out of my bath, I use a serum from Clarins called The White Plus Total Luminescent Intensive Brightening  Serum (quite a mouthful!). I have some old acne scars and a touch of pigmentation, this helps in reducing that and is light and sinks in easily in my skin. I have also been loving the FabIndia Vitamin E Hydrating Serum. 

Then if I am stepping out I slather on my sunscreen from Lotus Herbals...it is my utter favourite and I have used it for nearly 10 yrs and I love it...it's the Safe Sun Matte Look 3 in 1 Sunblock. After this if I am going out it's time for make-up. 

At night, I take off my make-up with Bioderma and then to be fully sure my make-up is all gone, I use a Cleanser from Clarins- White Plus Pearl to Cream Brightening Cleanser. I then use a toner from Lush- Breath of Fresh Air...which is amazing. Then I use either one of two things...the Clarins White Plus Brightening Hydrating Emulsion. Or if my skin needs some major love I use the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil/ Concentrate- this is magic and my skin feels sooooooooo good in the morning. I highly recommend this. Then if I am being good I also use the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado Oil ( I often forget to do this!). Then some Smith's Rosebud Salve for my lips and some L'occitane Handcream in Lavender and I am all done! 

2) What advice would you give your thirteen year old self?

Oh boy! 

a) Do NOT cut your own bangs at 16! Just don't do it! 

b) Don't wear that awful scented lip oil. It's cheap and looks oily and is plain wrong. Stop now! 

c) Start wearing sunscreen now. 

d) When you go to Goa at 16 for a week...WEAR SUNSCREEN if want to avoid burning the skin off your nose. (it was horrid!)

e) Stop being so mean to boys for no good reason! 

3) Your ultimate beauty pick me up when you're feeling low? (Can be anything from high heels to red lips!)

I love nice long showers. I like to put on a face-pack before I hop into the shower..I love the Chandan and Haldi Mud pack from Fabindia. I oil my hair. Then give myself a little manicure at home. Then take a nice long shower. Wash my hair with my best shampoo- Kama Ayurveda Lavender and Patchouli at the moment. Use a sweet smelling shower gel- I love the L'occitane Almond Shower Oil. 

Once out I like to paint my nails. Wear comfy aka loose clothes and just chill..

Or...go online...buy a bag! Works every time :) Or books..buying books helps to and if I am feeling very low..I pay extra for next day delivery. :)

4) If you had all the money in the world, which is the one beauty (skincare or makeup) product you'd splurge on in a heartbeat?

Oh..let me see..the thing is if I really, realllllly want something I usually just get it. But if I didn't have to think about money at all...I'd probably would get a foundation each from Chanel- vitalumiere aqua, some from YSL...Touche Eclat Foundation and the Youth Liberator Serum. Also the Armani foundations sound good. Also Dior has a some interesting foundations. 

Also I'd just go to MAC and buy like 12 eye-shadows in on go...instead of buying two at a time! :) 

And maybe get some YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks..I have 3 already and they are sooooooo good, I wouldn't mind having a few more. 

5) Who is your ultimate beauty icon/inspiration?

OK, I am not big on having icons or being a die-hard fan of a person. I loved the styling on Sex and the City...it was such an effortless mix of high-end and thrift. Of couture and bargain and I love that aesthetic. Gossip Girl had an interesting look too. 

Closer to home I loved Deepika's styling in Piku, so real and wearable and so wonderfully Indian. I love a mix of Indian and Western styles..I love when the two style blend together well. 

I love Sabyasachi Mukherjee...everything he makes is just perfect in my books. 

I also love Free People's aesthetic and how their stylists style their pieces. 

I've always loved Audrey Hepburn's classic style..but then who doesn't? So if I had to pick an icon...I'd possibly pick her. 

There you have it, peeps! Five Questions with The Whimsy Bookworm! I'll be back soon with another mini interview.
Watch this space!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images