Makeup Revolution Protection Palette (Medium/Dark) Review

10:26

Makeup Revolution is one of the recent brands to enter India. As I was browsing through their offerings on Jabong, I came across their Protection Palette. It is a complexion palette, with seven products in it. I got the palette on shade Medium/Dark. We get three types of concealers, one pressed powder, one contour powder, one blush and one highlighter.
I have labelled each product of the palette with a number for your reference and will review each of them below:
There are three concealers on the left side of the palette. The top most one (1) I use under my eyes, for highlighting and covering dark circles. The middle one (2) I use to conceal blemishes. The lowermost and the darkest concealer (3) I use as a cream contour (when I'm feeling fancy!). All the concealers are sheer in coverage and need to be buil up in layers. However, they blend really easily and have a decent lasting power (5-6) hours.
The pressed powder (4) is next. The powder is warm, yellow undertones and it matches my skin color well. The powder is finely milled and blends well into my skin without making it look cakey. The oil control ability of the powder are slightly above average, but nothing exceptional.
After this comes the contour shade (5). It is a warm brown color and honestly, I don't like this color very much. It makes my skin look muddy. The pigmentation is good and it blends very easily too. But my main issue is with the shade itself. A definite thumbs down for the contour shade.
Next up is the blush (6). It is a rosy pink blush which blends really easily. The color payoff is great and I use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply this. The blush complements my skin color quite well.
The last and final product on this palette is the highlighter (7). Now this highlighter is pink toned. I prefer gold toned highlighters on my skin. The good thing about this highlighter are that there are no obvious, chunky shimmer particles. The highlighter is finely milled and gives my skin a glow. However, I would have given this highlighter very high points if it had been gold tones instead of pink.
All in all there are hits and misses in this palette:
Hits: Concealers, Powder, Blush
Misses: Contour/bronzer, highlighter.
I'd recommend this palette to makeup beginners who are just starting to experiment with products. You get seven base products in this palette, therefore the value for money is great! Also, this palette may come in handy if you are traveling.
But personally, I will not be repurchasing this palette. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Dear what color your skin tone has?..I mean your skin shade?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images