Updated Morning Skincare Routine

21:26

My morning skincare routine has been pretty much the same throughout. I've shortened it on purpose, keeping only the essential steps, because the last thing I want to do each morning is to go through a complicated, multi layered skincare routine.
I save the longer routine for night time.
Here's now my new morning skincare routine goes:
1) Cleanse: I use my favorite cleanser, Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion to cleanse my skin. I apply a coin sized amount of the lotion to dry skin, massaging it in thoroughly. After that, I take a warm washcloth and remove the cleanser, following it with a proper rinse with lukewarm water. Cetaphil cleanses my skin without making it dry or tight. And I only cleanse once in the morning.
2) Moisturize: I follow up with moisturizer directly, no acid toning or anything. My moisturizer of choice is Emolene, which has a gel/serum like consistency. It hydrates my skin well, without making it greasy, prepping it for the day.
3) Sunblock: The last step in my routine is sunblock. I use the Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 Matte Sunblock which has SPF 40. It is a mineral/chemical hybrid sunblock which is also tinted. It gives me the slightest amount of coverage, perfect for daytime while keeping my skin protected from the sun. Also, this sunscreen is not greasy in any way and gives me a matte finish. I have been using this sunscreen for years now, it is my Holy Grail sunblock!
So there you have it guys, my short and simple updated morning skincare routine. It tackles all the basic steps and keeps my skin well hydrated and protected. The products themselves are affordable and easily available at my local drugstore and they fit perfectly for my skin requirements.
I will be doing an updated evening skincare routine soon and trust me, it will be a long post!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images