How To Choose The Perfect Foaming Cleanser (Plus Recommendations)

10:12

When it comes down to choosing the perfect foaming cleanser for my skin, I have a few rules. Usually, I have three types of cleansers on rotation: cream, milk/lotion and foam cleansers.
Today, I'm focusing only on foam cleansers because they help in really purifying your skin, after you've removed your makeup. Read on to know what I look for in my perfect foam cleanser!
pH: This is perhaps the most important rule of them all. Usually, I look for cleansers with a pH of 5.5 as that is optimum for healthy skin. Just slightly acidic (below 7). Do not use alkaline cleansers, they will deplete your skin's moisture barrier, which will lead to irritation. Look for the cleanser's pH on the packaging. If there is no pH mentioned, raise your query with the company that manufactures the cleanser, on social media or via email.
I had been using the Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser for awhile, but I was doubtful about the pH. So I contacted Clean and Clear via Twitter and they told me that the pH was around 7-8. Yeah, I've stopped using that cleanser now.
Gentleness: Your foaming cleanser should be effective, yes, but it should also be gentle. Please look carefully at the ingredient list in order to make sure that your cleanser does not contain any potential skin triggering agents. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble with this basic ingredient awareness. You can have an active ingredient (AHA, BHA) present in the cleanser, depending on your skin concerns, but be careful not to go overboard with cleansers containing active ingredients. You'll end up drying your skin.
Affordability: You've found a gentle, low pH cleanser. But is it affordable? Is it value for money? Remember, a cleanser stays on your face for not more than a minute (maximum), after which is goes down the drain. Using an expensive cleanser that will run out quickly is not a good idea, especially if you are on a budget.
There are two good foaming cleansers that I've found in the Indian market:
Saslic by Cipla (pH: 5.5, contains 1% Salicylic acid)
Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam (pH: 5.5)
Saslic comes for around Rs 250, which is not a lot, considering how effective the cleanser is.
The Sebamed cleanser comes for Rs 630-650. Now granted, it is expensive, but one bottle of this cleanser lasts me two months with twice daily use. TWO months. That is definitely a great value for money for me!
Do you know of any low pH foaming cleansers available in the Indian market that I could try? Leave your recommendations below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images