Top Tips For Healthy Skin: Skincare Routine Guide

13:10

Since I was 13, I have suffered from acne. And its taken me a long time to get it under control.
But I consider my acne to be a blessing in disguise.
It has really helped me become more aware and proactive about skincare. Researching about skincare has really helped me tweak and modify my daily routine and has really helped me improve the overall health of my skin.
Today, I'm going to share with you all my top tips for having an efficient and effective skincare routine.

1) Cleanse.
Cleansing is a MUST. You don't need me to tell you that. But what is more important is how you cleanse your skin and which products do you use for it!
I have tried cream, balm, foam and gel cleansers over the years. Its just a trial and error process.
Please be gentle to your skin ESPECIALLY if it is acne prone.
Don't use aggressive products that dry and strip your skin of its natural oils. Use cleansers with an acidic pH as our skin's normal pH is acidic (below 7).
Don't over cleanse your skin. Twice a day (once morning, once evening) is enough.
In the morning, I use Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion (AKA Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser) on my dry skin and wipe it off with a warm flannel.

I double cleanse in the evening. My first cleanse is either Cetaphil or The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil (depending on if I'm wearing makeup or not). Second cleanse is always with Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam (pH 5.5).

2) Moisturize
Every skin type needs a moisturizer. EVERY skin type. It doesn't matter if you're oily or dry.
If you're oily use an oil free, water based moisturizer. If you are dry skinned, you can use a richer, more emollient moisturizer.
But whatever you do, don't forget to moisturize each time you cleanse your face. Personally, I feel that I don't need eye creams. If I apply anything too rich under my eyes, I suffer from milia. I just use my usual moisturizer under my eyes and its sufficient for me. If you want to use a separate eye cream and it works for you, by all means, go ahead!

3) Sunscreen
This is very, VERY important. Sunscreen is the best anti ageing treatment out there. Protect your skin from sun damage from an early age and you'll find that you have less issues to deal with when you grow older.
The lesser the extent of sun damage, the lesser wrinkles and sun spots you'll get when you're older.
Start now. Invest in a good sunscreen that is suitable for your skin type and STICK TO IT. Every day. Come rain or shine. You need to keep your skin protected.

4) Water
Drink more water people. It REALLY helps. Water helps flushing out the toxins from your body and helps skin hydrate internally. Drink 2 litres of water a day. You'll definitely notice a change in your skin.
Skin becomes brighter, clearer and you can even tackle bloating with water. Keep yourself hydrated.

5) Don't go overboard.
Skincare is exciting, for sure. And you'll want to try as many products on your face as possible. Don't do that. Your skin will become irritated and angry.
Keep your skincare routine simple. Cleanse thoroughly. Moisturize properly. Use sunscreen everyday. Drink more water.
Follow these four steps and you'll notice a considerable difference in the condition of your skin.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images