Let's Get Personal: Why I Started This Blog

22:01

Recently a friend asked me why I started a blog. Its such a simple question, isn't it? I didn't answer the question right away. The answer isn't a simple one.

Let's start from the beginning. When I was a teenager, just starting with skincare, I came across beauty blogs.
It was such a fascinating concept for me, that there were these massive sources of information related to my favorite topic: Beauty. They could be accessed so easily. I could find out how to treat my acne, or the shade of lipstick my favorite celebrity was using. It was so exciting!
I read numerous beauty blogs, checking them on a daily basis, gathering information, tweaking and refining my skincare routine, trying out different makeup looks. It was FUN! But more than fun, it gave me a chance to express myself.
It was around that time that the idea of starting my own blog started to take root in my head. I wanted my own little space, where I could talk about the things I loved and the things I didn't. But then, life happened. I suffered a few setbacks (that I won't get into at the moment) and I forgot about creating my blog.
Then last year, when I was right in the middle of one of the most depressing phases of my life, I remembered.
Without thinking twice, I started my blog and began writing. And I began recovering. Slowly, I'm gathering myself up again and this blog has really helped me.
It allows me to be constructive, to do what I like to do best. And it is the only thing that is truly MINE, you know? Right from the first picture to the last word, its all me. And I couldn't be happier.
Honestly speaking, my family hasn't been all that supportive about this blog. Maybe they don't understand it. But whatever, even though this blog was born out of depression writing here makes me happy and it gives me a sense of accomplishment. And that is something I won't give up for the world. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images