Indian Pharmacy: Glyco 6 Glycolic Acid Cream Review

14:31

Glycolic acid is a recent addition to my skincare routine. It is quite effective in providing me regular chemical exfoliation and helps me deal with my acne and pigmentation.
If you are looking for an easily available glycolic acid product that you can find at your nearest medical store, turn to Glyco 6.
Glyco 6 is a cream product that contains 6% glycolic acid. I use this product on alternate nights. I apply a but sized amount of this cream all over my face after cleansing with Cetaphil and toning with rose water. I follow this up with my usual moisturizer, Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Glyco 6 has a strong smell, so those with sensitive noses must be careful. The cream absorbs very easily into my skin and the smell dissipates after some time. Don't expect immediate results with this product. After using it for about 5 months on alternate nights, I've found that my acne heals faster and that my skin looks brighter and more evened out. Be careful to not apply this product too close to sensitive areas like around your eyes and near your mouth. It is very easy to go overboard with chemical exfoliating products, so listen to what your skin tells you. If you experience any redness or irritation, discontinue the use of this cream. Also, you might experience slight tingling initially, as it is seen while using chemical exfoliants.

Another word of caution, it is essential go use sunscreen during the day while using Glyco 6, because the continuous exfoliation makes your skin sensitive to the sunlight. Using sunscreen is non excusable. As long as you prevent going overboard with this product and keep using sunscreen during the day, you'll notice a marked improvement in your acne and pigmentation. There is a stronger, double strength version of this cream available on the market, containing 12% glycolic acid, but I will review it later!
For now, I will definitely repurchase Glyco 6. I have already used up 5 tubes of this product. Give it a shot!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Have you used aha glow facewash ...there is no search option on your blog..have you used revlon colorstay foundation...please review..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! I have now added a search bar directly under the posts on the home page posts of my blog. I haven't tried the AHA good cleanser or the Revlon colorstay foundation.

      Delete
  2. Even I used it for sometime and loved the soft glowing skin every morning. Its a good cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I used it for sometime and loved the soft glowing skin every morning. Its a good cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. any ingredient restrictions in india on glycolic and sunscreen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice product ....

    Keep up the good work....

    for more information visit us.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Thankyou for your useful post. I am also liking the results!!!
    www.sandhyasaysitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this cream can apply on hands and neck for reducing pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have acne prone skin.evrythn clog my pores.can I use it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this Amazing blog over here, It is Very Informative and useful Acne Pimple Cream Fights comedogenic formation Fights against Acne causing microbes Enhances exfoliation and desquamation Opens up pores of the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really work for acne and acne scars or not 😟

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glyco 6 was recommended by my Dermatologist and am on it, lets hope i get that 'glow' soon too....✌

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use Retin A on alternate nights. Can I still use this product?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images