Maybelline Lip Gradation by Colorsensational Review (Mauve 1)

21:46

I was at my local beauty store a few days ago, at the Maybelline counter. I had gone there with the intent of stocking up on my favorite mascara, The Colossal Volum' Express.
The SA at the counter casually mentioned that a few newly launched products had just arrived at the store. And one of them included a "lip color with a smudger on the other end".
I almost squealed with excitement. Could it be true? Had the much awaited Color Blur lipsticks FINALLY made it to India?
The answer is YES!
Only, they've been renamed as Lip Gradation.


Lip Gradation by ColorSensational.
The SA showed me the eight available shades, priced at Rs. 500 each. I immediately snapped up the Mauve 1 shade, as that was the one I had been eyeing for a long time.
I took it home and wore it for the rest of the day. Long story short: I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS!

Mauve 1 is a classic MLBB on my lips. It has quite a resemblance to another one of my favorite shades, Sultry by Revlon (the matte balms).
However, this one is more brown than Sultry (which has more pink in it).
Its a beautiful shade. The product is housed in a long, twist up pencil. It has a white sponge smudger on the other end, in case you're into the ombre lip look. You can smudge and blend the corners of your lips after applying the color to achieve the desired "graded" effect (hence the name 'Color Gradation').

I'm not a fan of the ombre look, and haven't tried the smudger on my lips yet.
The lipstick gives a matte finish. It is very comfortable to wear on the lips and doesn't dry them out. Its lasting power is about 4-5 hours on me, including meals and I am quite happy with that. It doesn't fade awkwardly and it doesn't flake or bleed.
The packaging of this product is very sleek and it slips into my makeup bag easily.

In the end, I'd like to say that I am in LOVE with this product and I WILL BE PURCHASING A BACKUP of this shade. I will also be trying more shades from this range. Loving this new launch from Maybelline India! They've made me happy beyond words!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images