DIY Beach Hair Protectant/Conditioner/Treatment

13:30

I had been to Goa this winter, on a family trip. This meant eating lots of seafood and swimming in the ocean and water sports!
But the salt in the seawater, along with the harsh sun can do a number on your hair. Which is why I whipped up this very simple "Beach Vacation Conditioner" that I took along with me.
I simply took equal quantities of pure coconut oil (Parachute is the best) and the Garnier Fructis Oil-In-Cream and mixed it in a pump bottle (about 250 ml). 

You can use any conditioner and oil of your choice! Its up to you!
I lugged this bottle along and a few minutes before heading into the water, I'd take my bottle of this conditioner, shake it well and apply generous amounts of it through the lengths of my hair. I'd tie my hair up into a bun and voilà! My hair was beach ready and protected!
After the swim, I'd wash it off with shampoo and apply my usual conditioner. It made my hair feel so soft! And the salt and the sun couldn't damage my hair.
The next time you're headed to the beach, I hope you'll give my little recipe a try. Remember, you can use any oil/conditioner combo to make your own beach vacation conditioner/ hair protectant!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images