The Body Shop Flawless Tea Tree BB Cream Review

09:52

Okay, okay. I am SO late to this party, but I'm finally going to review The Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream. I remember this being so hyped when it was launched. Everyone I knew was raving about this product. But honestly? I don't like it. At all. Hear me out first. I popped into The Body Shop the other day to buy another bottle of their Camomile Cleansing Oil (now THAT is great stuff!!!). I was hanging around their makeup section and saw this BB cream. I bought it on a complete whim, just to see what all the hype was about. I bought the shade 02 because 01 was too light for my skin and 03 was too dark.

The first thing I noticed when I took out my tube of BB cream from its paper bag was that the  flip top cap had a hole in the middle. The cap had a HOLE. FAIL! Nevertheless I squeezed out some product onto the back of my hand. Two things I noticed immediately. First, the smell. It smelled of tea tree oil. I love that smell! No complaints there! Next thing was the texture. This BB cream is thicker than any of the alphabet (BB, CC) creams I've used before. This stuff blends really well into the skin. And it dries into a semi matte finish. It can cling to the dry patches of your skin, so moisturize well! After I finished applying the cream to my face, I stepped back from the mirror and gasped. This was not an awed gasp, it was more of a horrified gasp. This stuff is just too pink for me. My face looked pink and my neck looked yellow (my natural undertone). So, yeah. No can do. Granted that it is a great, lightweight and easily blendable product, the pink tones in the cream are not for me. Now if TBS were to launch a few more new shades of this product with yellow undertones, I'd be off like a bullet to grab myself a tube!
All in all, texture and finish are impressive. Shade and undertone? Not so much. Going back to my Colorbar BB and Lakme CC creams. I will not be repurchasing this product.
Price: Rs 1095 *sigh* *what a waste*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images