La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Review

23:49

I've been suffering from acne since I turned 14 years old. I have tried out countless anti acne products since then. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is one of those products. It is said to "visibly reduce all types of acne blemishes and penetrates deep into pores to clear even stubborn blackheads and whiteheads."

It contains micronized benzoyl peroxide (5.5%) and micro exfoliating LHA (0.5%). Benzoyl peroxide fights acne and LHA exfoliates the skin to reveal a brighter complexion.

I have heard and read numerous raves about this product. People have waxed on and on about how wonderful an acne treatment this is. I'm sorry, but its not so wonderful for me. I don't like it.
My skin has never agreed with benzoyl peroxide. I end up with burned and irritated skin.
Now you must think I must have used this product wrong. That is not the case. I used Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion (mildest cleanser ever) to cleanse my skin. Then I applied a pea sized amount of Effaclar Duo all over my face. I used my regular Cetaphil moisturizer afterwards. Next morning, my skin was dried out and peeling in places. Of course, my acne had dried out too, but my skin was irritated and red. It took me 3 days of non stop moisturizing to bring my skin back to normal.
Yet another experiment with Benzoyl Peroxide has failed. I won't be repurchasing LRP Effaclar Duo. Instead I'll be going back to my faithful glycolic acid.

Be warned, this was only MY experience with LRP Effaclar Duo. I've seen a lot of people experience excellent results with this product. I'd suggest you give this product a try and see if it works for you. If it didn't work for me, it doesn't mean that it doesn't have to work for you.

You Might Also Like

1 comments


  1. Thanks for your wonderful article and valuable information,your website is very informative and suggestable for all type of skins best wishes form my side.
    La Roche Posay India,beauty products for Face

    Visit : http://www.laroche-posay.co.in/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images