Sugar Cosmetics Its A Pout Time Lipstick (Breaking Bare) Review

10:00

Sugar Cosmetics is a relatively new player on the Indian market and their cutesy packaging and catchy product names intrigued me. Also, I know you're tired of reading Maroon 5's Sugar references with respect to this brand, but I felt like I 'need a little sweetness in my life!'
(There. I put it). I bought their It's A Pout Time Lipstick in Breaking Bare. Priced at Rs. 599, this lipstick comes in a sleek and elegant black tube. Also, there are four shades in all in the Its A Pout Time Range, inspired by various TV shows. I'm going to list them and try to guess their origins as best as I can okay?

1) Breaking Bare (from Breaking Bad, for sure)
2) The Big Bang Berry (Easy. The Big Bang Theory)
3) Mad Magenta (from Mad Men?)
4) Coraline In The City (Caroline In The City???) 
Anyway, Breaking Bare is a gorgeous rose pink shade. The texture of this lipstick is more creamy matte than powdery matte. It goes on quite smoothly on the lips. Be sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before putting on this lipstick as matte formulations can exaggerate dry patches. Two swipes will give you full color payoff. The lipstick has a slightly waxy feel to it, but it settles down to a satin matte finish in a few minutes. The lipstick has a faint vanilla scent, nothing too strong. Breaking Bare brightens up my skin color and is quite a fresh, youthful shade. This shade will suit every Indian skin tone, from the palest to the duskiest. The lipstick has a great lasting power, I chomped my way through a pizza with this one on and it remained pretty much intact. It stayed on my lips for 5-6 hours with minimal fading.
I'm impressed by this offering by Sugar cosmetics and am eyeing up their Matte As Hell Lip Crayon in Holly Golightly next. As for Breaking Bare, I'm definitely getting myself another tube after I'm finished with this one!



PS: Be sure to avail the 10% off coupon from the Sugar Cosmetics official website! It makes for a pretty sweet deal!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images