How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

13:30

Dirty makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria. The bristles of your makeup brushes (after use) contain not only leftover makeup, but oils from your skin. 

If brushes aren't cleansed regularly and thoroughly, they can harbor bacteria which can lead to infections and breakouts on your skin. Yikes! Regular cleaning of brushes is a must.
I clean my powder/blush/bronzer brushes every 2-3 uses. I clean my base makeup brushes (foundation and concealer) after every use.
I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes, simply because it is easily available and I love the scent it leaves on my brushes!
To clean your makeup brushes, wet the bristles with warm water and pour a small amount of liquid soap/baby shampoo onto the brush. Then swirl the brush in your palm in a circular motion, allowing the bristles to foam up and the makeup to come off. Then you can rinse the brush with warm water.
Reshape the bristles of your brush and set it on a towel to dry, preferably in sunlight. This simple method will ensure that your brushes are in top shape and will make them as good as new, ready for use!
What type of soap do you use to clean your makeup brushes? Do you use any cleansing mats? Let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images