Real Techniques Deluxe Gift Set Review

12:30

Every holiday season Real Techniques release a new brush set. This year they offered us the Deluxe Gift Set. When I saw it on sale at Flipkart, I snapped it up immediately.


With five brushes, out of which two are set exclusives, you get a white envelope clutch as well. The clutch is decent, but honestly, I would have preferred a makeup bag instead. This is just my opinion though.



The brushes are different from the other Real Techniques brushes in the fact that the ferrule has a glossy finish. The brushes look quite festive and cheerful!
The brushes included in this set are:
Multitask Brush: This brush is a huge favorite of mine. It comes as a part of the Travel Essentials Set as well. Its an extremely versatile brush that I use to apply blush, bronzer and setting powder. I'm very happy to have another backup of this brush!



Pointed Foundation Brush (set exclusive): This is a flat foundation brush, much thicker than the other flat foundation brushes offered by Real Techniques. I use this to apply foundation all over my face. It works quite well. The bristles are soft and help me reach the corners of my face.


Base Shadow Brush: Another favorite of mine from this set, I use it to apply a light wash of neutral eye-shadow all over my eyelid. It can also be used for blending purposes. This brush picks up just the right amount of product. The Base Shadow Brush is also a part of the Real Techniques Starter Set.



Angled Highlighter Brush (set exclusive): This brush is meant for applying powder highlighter to the high points of the face. And it does its job well. The slanting/angled tip allows a thorough distribution of highlighter to the face. This brush reminded me of the Real Techniques Setting Brush.




Fine Liner Brush: This brush is perfect for applying gel eyeliner. Picks up the perfect amount of product, this brush makes it easy to apply a thin, uniform line, even for those with the most unsteady hands! I really enjoy working with gel eyeliner using this brush.



Overall, I really like this set, although I wouldn't say that it is a 'must have.' If you are a huge fan of Real Techniques (like I am) and like collecting their brushes, I'd suggest you give this set a go.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images