Maybelline White Superfresh Compact (Shell) Review

11:19

The moment I saw the ad for the Maybelline White Superfresh Compact on TV, I wanted to try it. Priced at Rs. 150, it is one of the most affordable pressed powders I have come across in recent times.

This powder comes in a white plastic compact, which has a snap closure. The compact contains a mirror and a powder puff as well.


The powder has Perlite which is described as "a pure mineral with skin perfecting powers. Visibly lightens complexion while absorbing sweat & oil."
Maybelline also claims that this powder contains UV filters, but no specific SPF has been specified.
The powder claims a 12 hr whitening and skin perfecting.

I own this product in the shade Shell, which is perfect for me because of its yellow undertones. Upon application of this powder (using my Real Techniques Multitask Brush) I noticed two things.
First, this powder has a light, citrus-y scent. I find it quite pleasant, personally. Secondly, it makes my pores look smaller.
As this powder is finely milled, it does not look cakey on my skin at all. It minimizes the visible pores on my cheeks and nose. It gives a very slight coverage to my skin, like a translucent loose powder would.

It definitely gives my skin a fresh look. However, this powder does not live up to its 12 hour freshness claim. My t-zone begins to get oily within 5-6 hours, prompting a touch up. But since the packaging of this powder is extremely convenient (unlike, ahem, Rimmel Stay Matte) its easy to touch up with this powder.
Considering the price of this powder (150 bucks only!!!) and the convenience of packaging, I'm willing to ignore the tiny niggle of touching up my face after 5 hours of the first application. All in all, I really like this powder. Some beauties who have really sensitive skin (and are allergic to fragrance) may find it a problem to use this powder.
I have been reaching for this powder everyday, to set my foundation and concealer. The shade, the packaging, the price and the pore minimizing are the deal clinchers for me when it comes to this powder. I just wish Maybelline had specified the SPF of this powder. Sigh.
But no matter, for Rs. 150, I'm willing to ignore that!
I will definitely be repurchasing this powder. Please don't stop making it, Maybelline!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images