Strobe Fest: The Highlighter Edit

11:25

About a year ago, if you had asked me what my favorite type of base makeup finish was, I'd surely say matte. But oh, how the times have changed! I've ditched the matte train and jumped on the dewy skin bandwagon full time.

These are some of my favorite highlighters:
1) Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light:
Ohhhhh... How I love this one! It is a liquid highlighter that you can mix into your foundation to get a subtle glow. You can even apply it directly to the high points of your face for a little more oomph. Either way, it works VERY well. I can't fault this one, its one of my absolute FAVORITES!
2) Colorbar Spotlight Illuminating Lotion:
This one is a liquid highlighter as well. I take one pump of it and apply it all over my face, as a primer, before applying my foundation. It prolongs the wear time of my foundation while making my skin look glowy and alive. This was a totally unplanned purchase, but I'm so glad I tried this!
3) Benefit High Beam:
Yes. The famous High Beam from Benefit. I received a small size of this in my Sugarlicious Kit. I love the dinky little bottle! So cute! I apply this to the high points of my cheekbones and Cupid's bow directly using the nail polish style applicator. It blends seamlessly and gives my skin a 'lit from within glow' that is perfect for night time! Love!
4) Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights Highlighter in Breathe:
The only powder highlighter in this edit. And its beautiful. I apply it using my Real Techniques Setting Brush and the champagne/gold powder blends so well into my skin. It does not exaggerate open pores, but blurs them instead, all the while giving my skin an iridescent glow. This shade is perfect for my skin and you get a generous quantity of product for the price you pay. I sometimes layer this with High Beam for a full on strobe.
Which are your favorite highlighters? Are you a fan of strobing or contouring?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images