Favorite Facial DIY

13:30

Sometimes my skin looks a little dull (and congested). Especially during 'that time of the month'. That is when I pull out all the stops and do this facial to help my skin heal and clear up.
Step 1: I cleanse with a gentle cleanser (such as Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion). If you are wearing makeup, please remove that first (with oil based cleanser) and then follow up with a gentle cream/lotion cleanser.
Step 2: I swipe a cotton pad soaked in Alpha-H Liquid Gold all over my face, concentrating on the areas where I'm most acne prone (cheeks, chin, jawline). I let this sit on my face for 10 minutes, allowing the glycolic acid to unclog my pores.
Step 3: Over the Liquid Gold, I apply a thick layer of a clay based cleansing mask all over my face. Current favorite is Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Pack. I let this sit on my face until the mask is completely dry.
Once that is done, I remove the mask with a warm washcloth and rinse my face thoroughly.
Step 4: Apply a sheet mask. Any sheet mask of your choice will do. Stick it in the fridge for an added cooling effect. I use the Leader's Insolution Aquaringer Mask. Let your skin soak up the soothing, hydrating essence. I let the sheet mask remain for 45 minutes.
Step 5: Remove the sheet mask, pat excess essence from the mask into your skin and follow up with your favorite moisturizer & eye cream!
This facial really helps in perking up my skin. It is a great way to have a spa night at home!
Which are your favorite hydrating, exfoliating and cleansing face masks?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images