Real Techniques Bold Metals Arched Powder Brush Review

12:23

I had done a post on my first impressions regarding the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes. Today I'm going to review the Arched Powder Brush from the Bold Metals series.

This brush is the largest brush in the Bold Metals series. It has a beautiful gold colored handle and white synthetic taklon bristles. The shape of the bristles is flat and tapers at the top, resembling a flat liquid foundation brush more than your traditional fluffy powder brush. The powder needs to be patted onto the skin with this brush, using the flat side and you can blend using the tip of the brush. I use this brush to apply loose powder. It applies pressed powder quite heavily onto the skin, which is why I use my regular Real Techniques Powder Brush to apply pressed powder.
Frankly, the bristles of this brush are not as soft as I had expected. I had expected the bristles to be softer than the regular Real Techniques brushes, but I was disappointed on that front.
What I have realized is that when you're buying the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes, you're basically paying for the aesthetic or beauty of the brushes. You can get equally good results for a fraction of the price from the regular Real Techniques brushes (their orange Powder Brush is my go-to brush for applying loose and pressed powders).

In my opinion, this is just a very pretty but expensive brush that doesn't perform any differently than the basic RT brushes. I wouldn't be repurchasing it. I'm quite happy with my regular Real Techniques brushes. If you really want to get a few of these Bold Metals brushes, wait for when they go on sale. Personally, I wouldn't pay the full price for these brushes.





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I actually find a little too big! I much prefer my duo fibre brush, with it's soft bristles :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow

Flickr Images